An IRENA-REEEP collaboration
Launched in September 2016, Climate Tagger features a new and enhanced renewable energy thesaurus (Renewables Tagger). The new release was developed jointly between the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and REEEP.
Over 2700 quality-assured renewable energy concepts are now available for precise tagging and to help structure and organize any database holding renewable energy content. The thesaurus/dictionary covers all renewable energy technologies, policies, finance, markets as well as related energy efficiency and climate change terminologies.
Renewables Tagger is available as:
- Renewables Tagger API – If you are not using Drupal or WordPress or you are looking for more flexibility and added functionality, then the API (Application Programming Interface) is the right tool. Climate Tagger API now allows users to specify precisely which subject areas are relevant for their content, and you can select “Renewable Energy” to benefit from this new feature. Also available for the API demo and “Upload and Tag” functionality.
- Renewables Tagger for Drupal – For more precise tagging, the Drupal Climate Tagger plugin now gives you the option to select specific parts of the Climate Smart Thesaurus – e.g. choose “Renewables Tagger” to tag resources about renewable energy.
- Renewables Tagger for WordPress – For more precise tagging, the WordPress Climate Tagger plugin now gives you the option to select specific parts of the Climate Smart Thesaurus – e.g. choose “Renewables Tagger” to tag resources about renewable energy.
- Renewables Thesaurus – use the SPARQL endpoint to access the Renewables thesaurus and re-use it freely. It is available as full Linked Open Data in RDF formats.
- A visual tree representation of the content “Renewables Tagger” is available here.